Logo
bg
 communication »
Communication

Communication is the ability to listen openly and send clear and convincing messages to an audience in an effective way. People with good communication skills make use engaging presentation style and know how to create a dialogue with the audience. They express their feelings that reinforce their messages in presentation by using nonverbal cues, such as tone of voice, gestures or facial expressions. They also effectively use analogies, examples and visual aids to clarify or stress  messages.

 

Developing Communication

  1. Think of someone who has good and engaging presentation style. Observe them when they are presenting:
    1. What non-verbal communication are they using?
    2. What visual aids are they using and how do those aids help get the message across?
  2. When delivering information to people, encourage them to ask questions and encourage them to summarize your key points to ensure they have understood
  3. Videotape yourself making a presentation to a group and critique it for style, use of examples, and nonverbal cues
  4. Create regular meetings with your team. Be transparent, share as much as you can and discuss everyone’s progress on tasks. As a rule of thumb, try to devote 80% of the team’s time to dialogue, with the remaining 20% invested in being “presented to” 
  5. Learn to develop well structured agenda and keep the discussion on key issues, suggesting the less important issues to be ‘taken offline’


 

 
CDs

Learn how to unleash the power of 5 natural laws that bring abundance success.

 

Details..

 
Books

Successful Delegation

 

The hassle-free way to get other people to work for everyone's benefit

 

By Bill and Joann Truby

Details..

 


 

The Door

 

Learn how to open your doors of possibility with 5 natural Laws of Achievement

 

By Bill and Joann Truby

Details..